First off, many of you may be wondering, what is a Chromebook?
The Chromebook, was created by google with the idea to “Get stuff done”. For those who may not be familiar with technical terminology, the Chromebook is a laptop designed for running Google Chrome OS and other web based applications. With it’s built-in Chrome browser, it can load websites extremely fast without wasting any valuable work time! The multiple login feature, allows you to personalize your own space and then share your Chromebook with others. Simply put, the Chromebook is a laptop simplified…
So, with that said, what is the Management Console and why would you need it?
The web-based Management Console creates an easier way to manage a fleet of Chrome devices and users. Administrators have the ability to manage their organization’s Chrome devices from a single place.
- Create User Groups – Apply policies, apps, and settings to different sets of users. Group students by grade level or subject. Separate students and faculty.
- Pre-Install and Block Apps – Blacklist, whitelist or pre-install apps, extensions and URLs.
- Track Assets – Assign devices to specific students and faculty and get configuration and usage reports.
- Manage User Access – Control who uses your Chrome devices: prevent outside users from logging in, disable Guest Mode, or designate specific types of users (like teachers) withing your domain that can use a device.
- Configure Network Access – Set network and proxy settings to make it easy for users to get up and running and ensure they’re protected by the web filters and firewalls.
- Customize User Features – Modify user settings like bookmark and app sync across computers and show some school spirit on your devices with custom Chrome desktop themes.
Sounds great? Now how do you get this Management Service… It is only available from Google or an authorized re-seller (and great news Howard Industries is one of the few authorized re-sellers for the Management Console)!
Contact your Sales Rep or Call (888) 912-3151!