There was a time when people used a paper map to assist in navigating road trips or you had to practice saying your name (including message) at record speeds, when calling collect on a payphone.
These days, it would cause sheer panic to leave the house without your smartphone (which typically includes a built in GPS system). Technology has brought exciting new innovations and people have come to rely heavily on their technological devices, which is why Howard Industries works hard to bring you the most innovative and top quality technology.
We found some interesting (some quite funny) statistics about the use of technology today!
- 60% of U.S. smartphone owners check their phones at least every hour
- Are you complaining about being tired, well 54% said they check their phone at all hours of the night while going to sleep
- Apparently, there is no getting away from your phone, 40% check their phone while on the toilet
- We even spend time worrying about our phones, 94% are concerned about losing their phone
- Apparently, the connection we form with our phones are very emotional, 73% say they felt panicked when they lost their phone
- If you don’t own a gaming device, you are missing out, 73% of households own a device they specifically use for gaming
- You can game anywhere, 23% of households own a handheld console
- Never to young or to old to play video games, the average age of a gamer is 34 years old
- Not just for boys, 40% of all gamers are female
The Younger Generation and Technology
- 63% of women 18-34 report that they refuse to go an hour without checking their phone, topped by men at 73%
- Teens will probably never understand finding research in a book, 93% of teens ages 12-17 go online
- It’s no longer just a privilege, 69% of teens have their own computer
- To put it into perspective, 69% of children aged 2-5 can use a computer mouse, but only 11% can tie their shoelaces